Take up your axe and raise the dragon's head upon the longship's prow!
The time has come to brave the frozen empires of the savage north. Here honor is more common than steel, trolls and giants battle the gods, and a hero lives by strength of arm and reckless courage. Northlands is a 112-page sourcebook detailing the icy northern realms – their geography, culture and magic.
- 12 Original Monsters based on Finnish, Inuit, Viking, and other legends of the north.
- Rune and Grudge Magic offer all-new magic, plus new spells, magic items and incantations.
- New Haunts and Hazards The spirits of the land, the dangers of the trail! Tools to make any adventure exciting, and turn every encounter into a nail-biter.
- New Equipment From skis to Northern alchemy, lots of new toys and tools for PCs or villains.
- Feats, Traits, and Class Features for the ways of the North for any cleric, barbarian, oracles, sorcerer, and more, both regional traits, teamwork feats, metamagic, and more. Rich roleplaying elements and exciting new twists to make the Northerner come alive!
Northlands covers campaign sites for adventurers to pillage or save:
- Trollheim is ideal for low magic or pseudo-historical campaigns focusing on human opponents; feuding clans, wars and viking raids.
- Thule is a classic land of monsters, focusing on giants and environmental hazards caused by the elemental clash of fire and ice.
- Hyperborea is a tropical lost world at the northern pole, based on Greek myth.
This official Midgard setting sourcebook is easily portable to any setting.
The #1 PATHFINDER RPG Release of 2011, AS Chosen (Twice!) by Pathways Magazine
Open Design is a trademark of Open Design LLC.Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under license. See paizo.com/pathfinderRPG for more information on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.