2159 AD. It is a good time to be alive. The nations of the world still exist, but they have become more civilized, and we have expanded into the rest of our solar system. But, alas, it is not to be our time. Something approaches, a thing on an orbit from far away. Seemingly a large shard of dark matter, this object is known in obscure prophecy as the Chthonian Star. It is awakening things long thought lost or dead, things that have slumbered awaiting its return. The Unified World Council sends out special teams of sanctioned Wardens, whose job it is to ascertain the new threats to human life, to learn everything they can about them, and fight them wherever they are found.
Chthonian Stars is an original Lovecraftian horror setting for Traveller.
This Core Setting Book:
- Provides a detailed exploration of our fully colonized solar system, only a few hundred years in the future.
- Introduces exciting new optional character design rules, including advantages and disadvantages, as well as career half-terms.
- Introduces new rules for fear and madness, as well as optional rules for character survivability.
- Brings to life many familiar Lovecraftian horrors for Traveller, as well as a host of new and original ones.
- Details more than a dozen new spaceships.
- Includes three ready-to-run adventures, to get groups running quickly.
- From the award-winning team that brought you CthulhuTech.
Chthonian Stars requires the Traveller Core Rulebook to play.
This product is for mature audiences. Reader discretion is advised.
Note: This book will be available in POD in the coming weeks, so you will be able to order a physical printed copy of this product. We will also be offering a POD Book + PDF bundle for those customers who wish to purchase both editions.
Note: This is the Traveller version of the setting. We will be releasing The Void in July, a version of this intellectual property with proprietary rules and revisions by WildFire and in a new format.