All New Edition of the Classic Scenematic™ Rules
Storytelling is one of the oldest living traditions, continuing today as theatre, literature, television and film. Roleplaying games evolved their own version of storytelling by piecing together a tale based on the outcome of dice rolls and player choices. Story Engine breathes new life into this multi-authored game format, infusing it with the fluidity of oral tradition while liberating it from the confines of turn-based mechanics.
Create characters using adjectives and phrases. Like novels, the different elements of a character all contribute to the story—even flaws and foibles. Collaborate to tell a story of the characters. Pool resources to work as a group to solve conflicts. Narrate the outcome of scenes based on success.
This updated edition of the original ground-breaking Story Engine roleplaying rules features:
"...a great job of polishing and editing the original."
- Complete rules, plus introductory Story Bones™ rules
- Optional rules for customizing the system
- Extensive advice on running games
- Three plug-ins for running different genres: Six Guns & Whiskey™ (Wild West), In the 'Zone™ (Sci-Fi based on Shatterzone™), and Of Legend™ (Fantasy)
- Plug-in for use with the Maelstrom Storytelling™ world
- Two adventures
Note: This PDF has been upscaled from the original 6x9 layout of the softcover to a printable 8.5x11 format.
Get the FREE Story Bones Introductory Rules HERE.
|Precis Intermedia's PDFinPrint™ service is available for this product after purchase. Now you can get PDFs made into softcovers for a small fee. Contact Precis Intermedia after purchase for more information.|