Knowledge is Power!
One of my favorite aspects of the post-apocalypse genre is the idea of discovering what was lost and building a new future out of the ashes of the old. Books would be a key part of any attempt to rebuild the shattered world and they were always one of my favorite treasure items in PA games.
I also liked the idea of adding "feat like" abilities to Mutant Future but under the control of the game master. So rather than adding a skill/feat system that would make character creation take longer, allow the players to learn new abilities as they go. Of course, the players might not see the value in these strange new tomes and might just sell them on for some quick cash but such is life in the wastes. Books of the wastes is a Mutant Future book that will allow your character to acquire new abilities from pre-war books found in the Wastes.
Books included are:
- Alice's Gun Almanac
- Better Living HIGH Magazine
- "Big" Bill Hutchison's Guide to Business Influence and Success
- Chairman Mao's Little Red Revolutionary Handbook
- Mr. Fixit's Handy Dandy Advanced User Manual
- Mr. Fixit's Handy Dandy Robot Repair Manual
- The Laze
- U.S. Army Robot Combat Manual
- U.S. Army Field Medic Guide
- Little Pathfinder's Wilderness Survival Guide