Exodus boasts a turbulent history - from the rise of the Kaga to the defeat of the First Ones and the events of the Twilight War. From creation of the Imperial Alliance to the present crisis that threatens to tear that alliance apart. Great heroes and terrible villains drove its march, though even in hindsight the two are not always easily separated. Theirs were the titanic passions, the burning obsessions and base treacheries in which modern Exodus was forged and tempered. The world of Exodus Needs heroes...
UNIQUE ELEMENTS OF NEOEXODUS:
- NeoExodus is a world full of magic. NeoExodus is a world that has advanced by mastery of arcane magic which may be counterintuitive to the classic fantasy and medieval times. Magic is very pervasive in the world of NeoExodus from the instantaneous point-topoint travel via the Nexus Gateway to sentient, freewilled arcane constructs (called Arcane Intelligences). From arcane and eldritch powered skyships and siege weaponry to even commonplace magic casters using their skills to provide many basic provisions and necessities to major cities and even some small towns. The progressive nature of magic has transformed the world so that it feels quite “modern”.
- NeoExodus is a world built upon epic adventures, heroic quests and valiant expeditions into the unknown. Through the use of magical and nonmagical means, heroic adventurers can gain access to larger realms of excitement and discoveries which in turn will introduce them to new and interesting challenges to confront and monsters to combat. From exotic locations to unusual surroundings, the challenges of Exodus should pull heroes across the lands of many nations and countries to the entire world. Each area of Exodus is unique and stunning from the tropical rain forest and jungle of the Wyldlands of Bal to the frigid and dangerous peaks in the mountains of Nas. Exodus is truly a world of invigorating exploration and exhilarating action.
- NeoExodus is setting of unified empires and nations with their own sovereign rights, power and issues. While each nation or empire - Arman Protectorate, Caneus Empire, the Dominion and the Reis Confederacy - has joined and believes in the unity of the Imperial Alliance, old adversaries and bitter rivalries cause much turmoil in this world. Many of these nations and empires have had long term conflicts with each other that still influence the decisions of the modern day. Other influence groups like the Sanguine Covenant and Section Omega can be felt in the backrooms and dark alleys of any of these nations and empires. All of this in addition to such global threats as the Janus Horde, the Quicksilver Virus pandemic and even a criminal terrorist organization like the Folding Circle threatens to destabilize this fragile peace.
- NeoExodus is a world that is rarely at peace for long. Throughout its troubled history, wars and murder were never far away. NeoExodus is always on the brink of war or conflict of some type. With so many different cultures and races working together, there are issues that often will be raised between them. These conflicts might be based on nationality, religious beliefs or even racial issues and these prejudices are deeply propagated in various arenas of daily life. The formation of the Imperial Allience has done much to help with the understanding of different points of views and now individuals find ways to exist and thrive in this world of Exodus.
- NeoExodus mixes traditional fantasy, horror, magic, modern politics and science fiction. NeoExodus is built from a very distinctive nature and mind-set. The setting of NeoExodus: A House Divided is a mixture of classic fantasy, modern political conflict and intrigue with neo-fantasy influences. The world of Exodus has some degree of “moral flexibility” which makes people who might be diametrically opposed, able to work with each other for a greater cause - often for good and sometimes evil. In this world, nothing is black or white but various shades of grey - making nothing exactly what it seems to be. While an individual might have the alignment of chaotic evil, this does not mean they cannot be honorable or even compassionate, if needed for a larger reason. And vice versa.
- NeoExodus is full of all new unique races. The nine new races that are introduced in the setting of NeoExodus are very unique in direct contrast to the standard fantasy races individuals might be used to. Each race has a unique and interesting creative background and design to them that reflect the setting of NeoExodus: A House Divided well. In NeoExodus players can choose to play Cavian, Cynean, Dalrean, Enuka, Gevet, Kalisan, Prymidian, P’Tan or Sasori. Cavians are psionic humanoid rats who have a hidden agenda. Cyneans are crystalline-skinned, powerful arcane spell casters with a thrist for more arcane knowledge. Dalreans are humanoid mobile plants with a strong ecological connection to Exodus. Enuka are beast-like creatures that have evolved to adapt themselves to various harsh environments. Gevet, or tiefling, claim to be the first race to master magic in Exodus. Kalisans are pale-white nomadic humanoid creatures native to northern Exodus. Prymidians are crimson-skinned humanoids who are masters of communication and language. P’Tans are shadowcreated feline humanoids who were former slaves of the First Ones. Sasori are humanoid scorpions that hold all the deepest and darkest secrets of Exodus.
- Exodus is a world built on conspiracies, deceptions and intrigue. Empires and nations compete on many levels—economic, political influence, territory, magical power—each looking to maintain or improve its current status by any means short of all-out war. Subversive clandestine meetings, espionage, black market deals and sabotage are all basic parts of doing business in Exodus. Large numbers of organizations, nations and factions maneuver or manipulate for their own benefit in the rapidly changing political climate. Exodus teems with conflict and intrigue.
- Everything has a place in NeoExodus. If it exists in the realm of classic or traditional fantasy settings of Pathfinder, then it has a place in Exodus. A monster or spell or magic item from the Pathfinder core rulebooks might feature a manipulation or two to explain attitude, character and tone of Exodus, but otherwise everything you want to include has a place somewhere in Exodus.
Inside this book you will find you'll need to embark on adventures in the exciting setting of NeoExodus:
- The history of the world of Exodus from The Reign of the First Ones to The Dominion-Protectorate Wars and The Twilight War to the creation of the Imperial Alliance.
- The Nation of Exodus including the powerful Caneus Empire, to the magic wielding Dominion, to the mechanical powered Arman Protectorate, the unifying Imperial Alliance and many more.
- Religious of Exodus including The Cult of the Emissary, Khayne, Lawgiver, Sanguine Covenant and Xonism.
- 9 All new races usable as player characters or NPCs including the Cavians who are psionic rat-men; the Cyneans who are arcane crystalline humanoids; Dalreans who are plantlike humanoids; and the P'tans who are feline-looking creatures that can conjure black lightning.
- New Base classes, archetypes and prestige classes including Apothecary, High Guard, Janissary, Peacekeeper and Protectorate Artillerist.
- Over 80 new Feats including Anatomical Targeteer, Black Lightning Sheath, Craft Magic Candle, Hail of Thorns, Information Network, Plantsight and Terran Sorcery.
- Over 55 new spells including Babble Sphere, Bind Shape Changer, Cone Of Claws, Feast Of Maggots, Hellish Reprisal, Sensory Depravation and Wall Of Silence.
- New mundane and magical items including Alchemist's Bandolier, Bal spearclub, Instant Rope, Magic Candles, Panther Hide Armor, Quick-Setting Glue and Telescopic Staff.
- Over 20 new monsters and Templates including Arcaneslime, Draco, Necryos, Protectorate Golem and Razofiend.
Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under license.
Back it for a Buck (B4$) Challenge for Kickstarter!
The Back It for a Buck (B4$) Challenge is a Kickstarter initiative to help the Kickstarter for Cross of Fire Saga Adventure Path for Pathfinder to succeed.
We hope you’ll be excited to show your support for those putting time and effort into bringing you great new adventures for Pathfinder by using crowdfunding. Learn more here!