Deluxe Starship Designs
In the post war era there is a drive to explore new systems and expand the ConFederation while at the same time keeping watch for new or recurring dangers. Towards this end, the scout service commissioned a number of vessels to be outfit for long range exploration and reconnaissance. Cygnus is one of the first such vessels. Based on the standard disc shaped hull of the Orbis line, this model adds a pair of large nacelles to accommodate advanced sensor systems and long range FTL drives. The main hull section boasts the addition of a bio sciences lab and upgrades to the medical and engineering areas to allow them to serve as specialized laboratories as well. There are cabins and bunks on board for up to sixteen crew and passengers.
The Orbis-class is a common hull design by Aves Engineering that has been modified and scaled to serve as everything from gunships to passenger liners. Cygnus, presented here, is a variant (Orbis-6) produced for the ConFederation Scout Service as a long range science vessel. A gunship variant, Aquila (with additional bunks for a dedicated marine presence), is also provided as are two versions of the Novemere-class shuttle typically carried by each ship.
The .zip file contains the following:
- 19 page PDF file detailing the ship, interior areas, and crew.
- Open Game License stats provided for the vessel and crew.
- Map Book
- Full-color 43 page PDF file containing complete interior maps.
- Includes miniature-scale maps for tactical combat.
- Broken into pages for easy printing.
- Printer friendly, black and white version of the map book.
- Miniature-scale composite maps of the ship interior.
- Four poster-sized, 24x36 inch, 150 dpi, color JPEG images.
- One pair for the science vessel and one pair for the gunship.
- Art directory with rendered images of both versions of the ship and shuttle.
Sample documents and bonus art are available at ki- ryn.com.
Like all of the Future Armada ships, these ships are meant to be useful to game masters and players alike. Story, stats, and maps are all easily separated. Keep what you like & change what want, it's up to you.