I was looking for a ready made battle map of a keep of castle and this one one works out very nicely.
1. Black and white only. Many would claim this is a disadvantage but at 113 pages this saves a lot of color toner. Also, the detail is much cleaner than if it would have been filled with color.
2. This is a full size castle ready to be printed and invaded! Great job Darkfuries!
1. Why is the PDF not named 'vaugrox.pdf'??? Are the designers still running 8-bit file system? Modern computer can handle very long file names why not use them.
2. Resolution is a bit blurry. I think they must have scaled a smaller image up to usable size.
So far it's been hit or miss with their products, but this one is worth the cost because it's a real time saver.
I was looking for a large keep or castle that I could print out as a set of battle-maps and this product was not usable.
1. The scale is not in 1 inch squares. I have to manually scale each image.
2. Images are named with numbers not by the name of the keep. Really, how hard would it have been to use human readable names. Each keep has only a handful of images but put them all in the same directory and it becomes very time consuming to work with.
3. GIF format not PDF! Really? How hard would it have been to include both?
4. Not pre-broken into printable sizes! Yes I can do this manually but it takes time and the only reason I buy items like this is to save time not add to my work load.
5. A clumsy web interface is used to access the images. See comment #2 above.