With FM8, NBOS at last has a 100% acceptable alternative to Campaign Cartographer 3 from ProFantasy. Almost any mapping goal that one can reach with CC3 also is obtainable with FM8. In addition, FM8 has many advantages that CC3 doesn't offer:
- It was developed with and works fine under Windows Vista.
- It doesn't have a sizeable list of bugs yet to be fixed.
- It's easy to learn and to use. (The CC3 learning curve is about as steep as Mt. Everest).
- It embeds its raster symbols, making native formats portable (not the case with CC3).
- It can use CC3 raster symbols and CSUAC raster symbols.
These points are only the most important. This is an excellent mapping program that every GM should consider.
[5 of 5 Stars!]