I wanted a light, story-driven ruleset for a Star Wars oneshot with some friends that had never done tabletop RPGs before. This worked wonderfully! The rules are the good kind of simple: easy to learn and remember, but leave a lot of room for creativity. The free Star Wars addendum worked out well too, and I'd love to try the others (Matrix, pirates, LEGO, etc.).
- Keeps the fun parts of RP'ing and story-telling, without the cumbersome rules, stats, and books.
- Really easy to explain and play
- Could easily be adapted to any story-driven genre
- Great for one-shots and zero-prep stories
- Easy to GM (no dice rolling or complicated rules), though you need to think on your feet
- Pay-what-you-want business model
Cons (well, more like intentional limitations):
- No leveling system for extended campaigns. Characters can gain/lose traits/skills/equipment, which is reasonable for story-telling, but may not be as satisfying as "hitting epic level". Just set expectations for your players.
- The dice numbering is a little confusing, but you can easily play with "high is good, low is bad". You'll see what I mean.
[5 of 5 Stars!]