1. Clever integration of step-die mechanics a la Earthdawn and aspect mechanics a la FATE/Spirit of the Century.
2. Mentor-based chargen replicates medieval cultural beliefs about education (i.e., superiority of ancients, learning by example). Also immediately generates 3 NPCs for plot hooks, character connections, etc.
3. Use of same conflict rules for combat, parley, chase, and subterfuge appreciated--but equally welcome are venue-specific guidelines for how conflicts play out differently in each of those four areas.
4. Excellent appendices providing sample stats for mentors and animals.
1. Sample adventure feels too bare-bones. More guidance would have been welcome.
A wonderful game. Author says he plans on adapting it to other historical periods. I eagerly await the news that he has done so. :)
[5 of 5 Stars!]